Kidnapped!

Piste Boom! It was a sunny Sunday afternoon in January when a pair of quirky twins named Matt and Cam, from number 5 Tealeaf Drive, were playing shooting games at the village park. They were doing this whilst their mum, Linda, and dad, Mark, were talking to their friendly neighbours.
“Hello boys,” withered a fragile voice. The boys jumped around to see who had spoken. Matt spoke up, “Hello, what’s your name? Our names are Matt and Cam, we’re six. How old are you?”
“That’s lovely. I’m Agnes and I’m 67,” said the matured lady. “You’re old!” exclaimed Cam. The lady huffed and puffed after Cam’s rude comment.
Just then it happened! The old lady wasn’t an old lady at all. She took her mask off, she was really a HE! He was a young man in his early thirties. Before Linda and Mark could stop him, he had Matt and Cam around the waist carrying them off. He escaped through the park exit with the boys.
The boy’s parents ran to the local police station which was appropriately positioned next to the park. A grumpy little man with a grimace expression set in his face was said to have been Sergent Petticoat.
“Complaint, enquiry or report?” asked Sergeant Petticoat in an annoyed manner.
“Um report please,” sobbed Linda. “Our boys have been kidnapped.”
Meanwhile, whilst he boys’ parents were giving a statement, the twin boys were doing what they do best. The boys tend to have a knack for getting out of sticky situations. They knew they were in a sticky one this time so they had to act quickly. They needed an escape plan, a plan that was nothing but brilliant. A plan that involved paint, feathers, pins, mesh and lots of courage, and it was fortunate that the not-to-smart kidnapper took the two to a strange garage which had all of those knick-knacks.
It was unclear to the boys why the man would want to take them at first but then they heard a phone call the man made to their parents, it was for a ransom. After all their parents were very wealthy after winning eight million dollars on lotto recently.
The man then set down for a nap on his make-shift bed outside the garage door. As he was sleeping the boys set up their master plan. Matt went through the check list for the grand escape.
“We need paint, feathers, rope, pins and mesh.”
“So let’s run through this,” whispered Cam, “As the man walks through the door the paint pours over his head, he’ll trip over the first trip rope letting the feathers drop down. He hobbles over the pins and stumbles over the second trip rope, which will release the mesh. He will then be trapped.”
“We’ll then run out the door,” said Matt excitedly.
You can imagine the boys and their parents’ relief when the scheme went according to plan and without a hitch. It really was quite masterful.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!