Zombie Attack

I hear a scream in the distance as I run across the pitch black yard towards my old house looming over the tops of the trees. As I start gaining speed I get caught on something and fall on top of my head. As I bring myself to my feet I realise that I just fell over police tape that has been attached to the trees all the way around the house. As I start walking towards the house I look up at the top of the trees and see that there’s a light on near the top of the house. Then it clicks. That room was my bedroom. Just then I hear groaning and moaning getting closer to me, I start sprinting towards the house. As I get closer to the house I start jogging towards the door. As I get to the door I hear footsteps coming down the hallway. As I turn around I see ugly, green and slimy zombies! Some parts of the zombie have blood all over it. As I stand there looking at this horrid looking thing I can feel spew rising inside my throat. Before I can stop it the spew comes out my mouth and goes all over the zombie. Then I hear the door behind me opening. Then I bolt towards the tree that towers over all the others. In the tree I built myself a tree house out of old pallets and wood ladders. As I get closer to the tree I step on the roots of the tree and boost myself up to grab the rope ladder. As I slide back down to the ground the zombie starts hobbling faster towards me. In my rush to climb up the tree I forget to pull the ladder up behind so I’m halfway up the tree when the zombies start climbing up the tree. The first zombie must have told the other zombie to come and help him get me because he hobbled over and started walking around the tree below me. Then the other zombie starts climbing up towards me so I start climbing further up the tree house levels then when I get to the last level I climb through the tiny escape hole and keep climbing up into the flimsy branches near the top. When I get to the top I find a wedge and as I try to sit in the wedge the branches start shaking violently. Slowly I look down and see the zombie shaking the branches really hard. As I look down I loose my footing and slip down half a meter then I see one of the zombies arms reaching up to grab my leg. I lash out with my leg and knock the zombie to the ground then I slowly start climbing down to the ground. As I get close enough to the ground I jump down, dodge the zombie and start running towards home. When I burst through the door at home mum asks me where I’ve been. “Umm…..I say”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!