Gate Duty

Gate Duty
There was a school a very normal school the kids would be happily playing but many many years ago Gate Duty was discovered. It means that you have to go to the back gate and lock it every morning.It was a simple Duty go down and lock a gate but some refused to do the duty. People didn't want to do the duty because a decade ago two students from the school went to do the duty but never returned.

One morning the teacher asked two children to do the duty. They were halfway down the long pathway to the back gate there was a unusual sound coming from a bush. All of a sudden the children were gone two other students went to check on them. The two other students ran back to the class to raise the alarm that they were not there and the gate was still open swinging in the wind.

Straight away the police were called they started a search for two missing children. Of course there was lots of media attention the staff loved that lots of friends and family were distressed about this matter they were offered counselling but refused. The story went world wide every country was worried about Australia after 36hrs the man who took the children turned himself in. He also took the children with him to the police station. Then all was calm the children were reunited with their families.
Written by Hayden Dunne

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!