Maddy The Owl

“Maddy, where are you?” Holly called, a shiver ran up Holly’s wings. “It will be okay”, said mum. “We’ll find her.”
“You go back to the nest Mum and I’ll look for her.”
“Are you sure Holly?” said Mum. “It will be dangerous.” But before Mum could finish Holly was off as fast as she could. ‘’Maddy ,Maddy where are you?’’
“I’m here” said a small voice that sounded like Maddy’s.
Where are you? Holly asked. Under a big oak tree, called Maddy. She looked around still flying. Suddenly she saw a big tree that had fallen down. Under it she could see a little feathery tail just like Maddy’s. It was Maddy’s. As quick as lightning Holly was off, as fast as she could, flying to her nest. She found mum and the babies Molly, Polly and Lolly, curled up together.

“Mum, Maddy’s stuck under the big oak tree,” said Holly. “It’s fallen down on her. Don’t worry, I’ll stay here with the girls and you go to get Maddy.”
It felt like mum was away for hours but Holly shouted, “There’s Mum, and she’s carrying Maddy!”
And they lived happily ever after.

THE END BY ALICE D

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!