Genie Pot

I woke up on a bright, sunny morning and think about my organised plans for the day. “Oh hi, I didn’t see you there. How rude of me, my name’s Anastasia Drpa! It’s 6:45am and at 7:00am, I have a shower, at 7:30am, I eat breakfast, at 7:45, I get dressed and brush my teeth, then at 8:00am, I’m ready for the day! Yay, I have a brilliant idea for the day, let’s go hang out with my friends!”
Okay, time to start my plan, hopefully it all goes right (you can hear the water running). Ready for my day, I get in the car and get my mum to drive me to the shops to see if my friends are there. No sign of them here, so I walk into a gypsy shop and she hands me a pot.
“What is this for?” I ask.
She answers, “Shake it three times at home, when you are alone, then wait and see!”
I walk out the shop and head home.
“Where do you want to go now?” asks my mum.
“Home please.”
“Okay,” she answers, “Let’s go.”
I close the door of my room and shake the pot three times…a genie appears.
I’m shocked, I close my eyes and look again. It’s still there.
“Wow!”
A weird voice starts to talk, “I’m genie and I will grant you three wishes but be wise what your wish for!”
My first wish is that I always have the people I love in my life beside me.
“Darling, I rang your friend’s mum and she said you can come over,” said my mum.
“Yay!” I screamed. I put the genie back in the pot for next time.
“Coming mum!” I reply as we walk down the hallway and into the car. “How long are we staying?”
“A couple of hours,” she answers.
‘I can’t wait,’ I say in my head.
We arrive and I run up to Hayley. “Hey Hayley Ross!”
“Come on in,” said her mother.
“What do you want to do?” asks Hayley.
“I don’t know, what about a game?”
“Okay,” says Hayley.
“44 homes,” I mention, “or hid and seek, tips, octopus or toilet tag!”
“Let’s play 44 homes,” says Hayley.
“Time to go home,” said my mum.
I grant my second and third wish! BLAh…
The next day was full of mystery!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!