Candy Land

One rainy day Jorja, Daisy and I were at school doing some math with the rest of the class. The rain was very loud so we tried to concentrate but still we got a mark wrong. Most people got to go to the computer because they got all of the questions right, but some people like Jorja, Daisy and I had to do the sheet again. At least we finished it before lunch!
At lunch, we played until it was time to go to dance. Dance is fun and tiring but soon it was time to go to class again. In class was boring because it was news time. News is always boring but it was a short afternoon so soon it was time to go home.
That afternoon we all went to Daisy's house. It was a long drive but we managed to get there. Daisy showed us to her room. When we looked out her window, we saw a sign that says Candy Land. Daisy said, "It wasn't there this morning." "That's strange," said Jorja,"they couldn't have done that in less than six hours." "How about we follow it?" I replied. "Good idea Caitlin," said Daisy, "Let's go now.”
It took a very short time to get there (about three minutes). Then we saw another sign that said ‘Welcome To Candy Land’. "Whoa!" we all said together. We entered this strange place and what we saw was amazing. There was candy everywhere! There were lollypop bushes, cotton candy trees and iceblock mountains. "So, so, so cool" said Jorja. "Are you girls thinking what I'm thinking," said Daisy. "What are you thinking?" I asked. "Let's party!" screamed Daisy. "YAY!!!" Jorja yelled. "We can have popcorn, lollies and lots of chocolate for the party food."
We had lots of fun at the party. When we looked over near the lollypop bush, we saw... a tiny piece of chocolate that was cheeky. At first we thought it was nice but when I went over there, it bit me. "Ouch!" Isaid. "Are you okay Caitlin?" asked Jorja. "I'm fine," I replied. The chocolate ran away cheekily. "After that chocolate!" commanded Daisy. We ran after the chocolate one by one.
We followed it back home, around the corner and to the park. Daisy's Mum was waiting for us there. "Where have you girls been?" she demanded loudly. "I told you to come at six o'clock." We all mumbled together, until finally Jorja said, "We were all in Daisy's bedroom and we looked out the window and we saw a sign that said ‘Candy Land’ so we followed it and when we got to Candy Land we had a party and when the party was over, we found a piece of chocolate and it was alive and it bit Caitlin, so we chased it out of Candy Land and then we saw you (Jorja said it quickly so she was huffing and puffing).” “That's a lot of ands, so how about I take you girls home?" said Daisy's
Mum. She took Jorja and I back home and took Daisy to bed. We will never forget Candy Land.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!