You're Welcome

“Beep! Beep!” Joshua’s alarm clock woke him up. He looked out of his window and saw the disgusting, polluted world. Joshua always felt sad looking at the world but there was one thing that always made him happy. He looked over at the last living plant in the world. It was sitting there next to his science homework.
Joshua put on his suit that protected him from the radioactivity of the harsh outside world and started walking to school. He passed Kitter Creek, the creek that people called the ‘Litter Creek’ because of how filthy it was. Then he passed the police station and finally arrived at the school.
Joshua had science that morning. He hated science, not because he wasn’t good at it, but because it was boring. Joshua walked into the classroom and sat in his seat. Mr Smith announced that there was a very special visitor in their school that day. As soon as Mr Smith said the words Joshua was paying extra attention. Suddenly a tall man walked in wearing a white lab coat.
“This is Professor Morgan. He’s a litter specialist,” said Mr Smith. Joshua looked with curious interest at the professor.
That whole morning the professor was talking about the environment and how we should fix the problem by caring about it. Joshua was intrigued.
After school Joshua caught up with the professor and started talking to him. Joshua kept asking questions but the professor always had an answer. Soon the two had become close friends.
The next day Joshua was going to show his secret to the professor. He hadn’t told anyone else before because he was scared they would kill it, but he trusted the professor. He prepared himself
and walked to the professor’s house.
Joshua arrived at the professor’s house and knocked on the door. When the professor saw the plant he nearly fainted. He invited Joshua inside and took the plant to his lab. The whole time the professor was looking very serious.
Joshua followed the professor into a room with white, metal walls. The professor started doing tests on the plant. He smelt the plant, touched the plant and, to Joshua’s surprise, licked it.
As a final test the professor put some garbage and litter around the plant, and, quick as a whip, the plant ate it! The professor smiled and sprayed the plant with a liquid. Suddenly two little seeds fell from the plant. The two people looked at each other and smiled.
“It’s a litter destroying plant,” thought Joshua.
“Beep! Beep!” Joshua woke up and looked at the world outside. He saw lush grass and tall trees. Joshua glanced at his plant that he had received from the proud, now rich professor. He smiled at it and said, “Thank-you.”
Then the plant slowly turned its little head and replied, “You’re welcome.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!