Unexpected Journey

I began my life standing up, surrounded by cold and darkness and stale, dusty air. I don’t understand how this could be possible. All I know is that I am in the middle of nowhere. No water, no shelter, no food and no help.

The place was beautiful. A huge leaf covered my eyes and within seconds it was gone. The air was fresh as the smell of daisy and was more beautiful than I had ever imagined it. I felt the nature embracing me, with a big welcome.

The light was fading, creating new shadows and dark patches around me. The wind drifted between trees carrying the sticky sting of wood rot. I moved faster. Ignoring everything that was in front of me. I lifted my face upwards, letting the light and the shadow come across my skin.
I went down to take a sip of water, it was very stimulating and breathtaking. Something else caught my eyes, it was a piece of paper placed underneath a small rock. ‘HEAD TO THE NORTH. So I did.
I took more slow steps forward than heard a noise and felt a foot step near me. I immediately turned back and ran for my life. Someone was following me on the way out. It saw a girl.
In a hurry I quickly questioned the girl. “Who are you? Why are you here?”
She responded “I am trying to find my way back and yourself? I’m Alaska.
By the way I’m Alex.”
We ran in the direction given on the map. Minutes stretched into hours and days turned into weeks of hunger and survival. We found shelter and rested for the night
The sun breaks free of the morning clouds. The leaves are falling heavy now, and the days have turned cold and dusty. Everywhere in my body hurts, even blinking hurts. That is the pain I am in now. But I can’t let the pain get the better of me.
Today is the day where I have to make a success which means finding my way out quick and fast. All I’m trying to do is survive. I think I am here for a reason but I don’t know what it is. All I know I have moved for roughly half an hour. It is painful, but I still have to continue.
‘YOU HAVE MADE IT THROUGH, YOU ARE SAFE NOW’
That was the best feeling of relief I have ever felt, I imaged to be here or to be doing this. so proud of myself I hadn't given up.
Alaska and I are close friends now and continue with our own life’s like it was before this journey. This journey has made me become more connected with other people and tested me on my survival.
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. Giving up is easier than I thought it would be, but at the end you are hoping for a good outcomes.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!