You Are Lost

Okay. Imagine this. You find yourself in a world where sharks swim in the forest. Scary right? Now imagine that you were lost in the forest. Even scarier.
Now you’re in the forest. What are you going to do? Are you going to run straight forward? Or are you going to stay frozen and look around? You stop to think. Then suddenly a shadow creeps above you. You look up. It’s a great white shark. You scream, but no one come to rescue you. The shark looks down. Your heart is pounding very fast. You run as fast as you can to the heart of the forest.
Finally you reach your destination. You look around to find a place to hide. You could hide behind a tree, but the trunk is too skinny. What if you hid inside the long grass? Nah, you’re too tall. What if you dig a hole and hide inside? Yeah! That could work. You fall to your knees and start digging with your hands.
Two minutes later, you’ve dug a small pit. You think to yourself, this is not enough. I need to find a new hiding spot. You start to get up, when you see a shadow looming over you. You get up, but it’s too late, the shark opened its mouth. You quickly put your hands on your head for protection. But instead of eating you, the shark said, “Are you going to wake up Michael?”
You feel someone pinching you. You open your eyes, you’re in the classroom.
“Did you hear what I said Michael?” asked your teacher.
“Uh, Ah,” you groaned.
“I said you have homework today,” said your teacher.
At the end of school, you quickly ran home. When you reached home, you showered. When you finished showering, dinner was ready for you. You ate quickly, washed the dishes then went to bed.
The next morning, you woke up. You weren’t in your room, you were in the forest.
You are lost.
To be continued

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!