Delta

The plane’s rear suddenly convulsed, as did the two young marines, their blood splattered across Mercy’s face, and he stood.
“I’m gonna tear you apart!” He looked to Psycho, who nodded in response. Mercy jumped from the plane, followed by Psycho and then Scythe, they all opened their parachutes and landed safely on the beach. Psycho pulled out his drone and closed his eyes, the drone illuminated the area, flew around, then stopped, Psycho opened his eyes and put his hand up, gesturing to the others,
“A group of them over there,” he pointed to where the drone now hovered.
“Alright, Mercy, you’re with me, Psycho, check the rest of this place, but keep in hiding.”
Mercy and Scythe ran cautiously to where the drone was, tapped it on the lens and it flew towards Psycho. Mercy fell against a pile of sandbags, taking cover, followed by Scythe; they sat together listening to the enemy soldiers talk. Scythe gestured to Mercy, then they leapt over the sandbags, and unleashed hell. Three of the soldiers’ managed to get to cover, but the remaining four were ripped to shreds, they screamed in German. The three under cover didn't last much longer.
Mercy and Scythe followed the tunnels that led off the main track; they turned corners, and walked side by side as if it had been rehearsed. They continued until they found the Captain. They walked in calmly, Scythe on one side of the Captain, Mercy on the other. The captain raised his hands, then spoke, in a very German accent
“You know they will come for you; the other Captains.”
“We’ll be waiting.” Scythe’s voice was rusty and deep, with a strong Australian accent. Scythe was short, 5’6, but muscular. He had stubble and long blond hair, which was pushed back under his helmet, his eyes were narrow and light blue, and he had large bushy eyebrows with a toothpick hanging out of his mouth.
Mercy was large, very large, and angry, he stood a massive 6’6, and he had broad shoulders. But he wasn't dumb as you’d expect. He was in Australia when the nukes hit, he survived. One of the two in Canberra to do so, the other was the President of the United States, and Mercy was his bodyguard. Mercy had large orange-brown eyebrows and large black eyes. He had a long nose covered in freckles and a shaved head; he also had scars all over his body, mostly knife wounds and bullet holes.
Psycho was tall and strong, at 6’2 he was like the middleman. Psycho had a few gold teeth and his left eye was bionic. He was covered in tattoos and piercings and talked only when spoken to. His hair was short, blonde and messy, but his large blue eye made him appear friendly.
The last thing the Captain saw were the multiple bullets rushing towards his face from his enemies’ guns. All is not fair in love and war.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!