Unexpected

CRASH, went mum’s favourite vase, “Mike, what are you doing?” Vanessa whispered. It was late at night, Mike and Vanessa tried to creep out of the house without waking their parents up. They were siblings who had a close friendship and would do everything together. “Psst, Vanessa let’s go to the house down the street where people think it’s haunted.” Mike requested. “Ok let's go,” Vanessa agreed. They slowly walked out of their house door and they both tiptoed quietly to the haunted house.
They reached a big steel door, Mike and Vanessa were intrigued to go in. The handle was cold and stiff making Vanessa shiver inside. The door creaked open noticing that inside was old and isolated. “What is this place?” Mike asked. “I don't know but it doesn't look pretty.” Vanessa gulped. They
walked inside and heard a SLAM, making them both jump in fear. “Phew it was just the door,” Mike felt relieved. Mike and Vanessa continued to look around the house still feeling the shock in their bodies. They came across a mysterious book that was underneath a bunch of torn papers. Hoouusse of Secrets. “Look at this Vanessa, it’s called House of Secrets.” Mike exclaimed. “What does this mean, every book has a meaning to it.” Vanessa explained to Mike. They were both confused staring at the book in wonder, but they decided to move on and leave it. The next room contained an antique rocky chair and a vintage vase that looked exactly like their mums. Vanessa started to look scared and kept staring at Mike to make sure he was still there. They kept looking around the room to find anything interesting, then they saw a shadow that didn't look normal. Vanessa freaked out while Mike screamed in a girly way. “Mike can we please leave, I don't want to be here anymore.” Mike didn't respond to Vanessa making her more worried. She stood in the corner shivering, still feeling panicked that the unusual shadow will come back and haunt her. Mike continued to look in the room but couldn't spot anything. He had calmed down a bit from the fright, but Vanessa stayed in the corner until he was finished.
Hours later, Mike and Vanessa were still in the house looking around and suddenly they heard a noise that sounded like a gun shot. They heard the door creak open and they were petrified. “Quick Vanessa, upstairs.” Mike cried. They sprinted upstairs and Vanessa was slow but Mike continued not knowing that she was still halfway down the stairs. All of a sudden, BANG! Mike jumped and landed on the top stair. He looked behind seeing Vanessa on the stairs bleeding from her stomach. “Vanessa wake up, please wake up,” Mike sobbed.
Minutes Later…
“Mike, why are you crying? Oh it must have just been a nightmare, thank goodness!” Vanessa felt pleased. They both went downstairs to have breakfast when Vanessa noticed blood on her stomach and hands. Was this really just a horrible nightmare?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!