You Can Taste, But Remember To See

“I need a thousand cupcakes by tomorrow morning!” My boss Greg shouted boldly.
I was up all night preparing and I when the boss arrived at work, I got, “Delicious! Oh my god, they’re beautiful!” Greg my boss who is covered in jam yelled through the room.
“You better start cooking the sponge cake now!”
Greg’s an ordinary man. To be honest, he’s quite fat. I’m his favourite cook and my names ……
“Remember the jamdrops!”
And that’s Greg my boss again, but my name’s Cameron. I work in a bakery.
Greg and I thought that we would call the bakery ‘Sweetie Sweets’. But Greg thought he would call it, ‘The Bakery’. He’s pretty dumb too as you can see. I mean, when he bought the bakery, he said, “So you cook meat in a bakery right?”
The next day, I woke up and he said the same this again, “Delicious!” I better get cooking.
“Finish the cheesecake and jamdrops!” Greg shouted and waited for me to make them.
“Arrghh, disgusting! What did you put in these Cameron?”
“The usual” But in my head, I remembered that I did fall asleep. Or maybe someone sabotaged by cake.
I was in the middle of my pancakes when Greg called me in. “Where do you think I should put this mudcake on the shelf or in the freezer window?”
“In the window,” I said calmly.
‘Creak, bam, boom, thump!’ My giant flour bags had exploded in the shop.
I went home that night to have a good night sleep. I woke in the morning, drove to ‘Sweetie Sweets’ and I couldn’t find my special cooking spoon. I had a bit of a bad day that day. All the butter and flour were on the flour and the rest of the ingredients were gone. The cakes in the window, my bowls and my utensils were all gone. But the saddest part of all were my mums old cook books had gone.
The next night, I hid behind my cooking shelves to see who’s the thief. He, he, he was wearing this weird outfit. Wait a minute. That’s my brother. How could he do this to me? Well I’ve always beaten him in everything. All of a sudden, he went and said, “Cameron. I miss you at home and I know that you’re here, so please quit your job and go home.”
The next day, I made my best cheesecake for Greg and said goodbye. My brother and I went home to celebrate.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!