James' Unexpected Adventure

James was turning 10 and more than anything wanted to go watch a soccer game. He’d been following Sydney FC since he was young. His brothers, Lawrence and Joshua thought it was SO boring to watch a soccer match. “But Sydney FC is playing Argentina" said James.” I thought you wanted to go to Luna Park for your birthday” said Joshua.” I do, but I also really want to watch the soccer" he said “Oh alright, let's go" said Lawrence
They arrived at the stadium and Lawrence who was the eldest told them to STAY CLOSE. It was a tight game, Argentina won 6-7. James was so disappointed, this is not a good start to my birthday James thought. As they left the stadium James saw a fairy floss stall. Forgetting what his brother had told him, he immediately ran to the stall and bought some fairy floss, but when he turned his brothers were gone. He started frantically trying to find them, but they were nowhere to be seen. This is turning out to be a terrible day, he thought.
He started walking home but he was heading the wrong way and into the busy city. He noticed a girl that looked familiar. He couldn't work out where he had seen her before. “What are you doing on your own" she asked. “I’m lost, it sure is a big city" said James. "I'll show you around, I know the city well" she said. James had never explored the city, so he was very excited. First was the Opera House with many theatres, he was amazed at how beautiful it was. Next, the Harbour Bridge. "It's so big, this adventure is so amazing" said James. “We are not done yet, I saved the best until last” said Kate, “Wow" he shouted, when he saw the huge smiling face. "Luna Park, this is the best birthday!" They rode The Big Dipper and the Wild Mouse but his favourite was Dodgem City. In all the excitement of the day, he forgot about his brothers.
Back home, Lawrence and Joshua were getting very worried when suddenly Joshua remembered that James wanted to go to Luna Park. "Bet he’s there!" he said excitedly. So they went to Luna Park and found him riding on the Dodgem Cars. "We were so worried about you" they said. "Who's she?" said Joshua. "This is Kate" replied James. "She showed me around the city." “Well it's time to go home" said Lawrence. "Where do you live" asked Kate, "I live in Bondi" said James. "So do I" said Kate in surprise. They discovered that they lived on the same street. "That's where I've seen you before" said James. What an end to a great day, James thought. I saw a soccer game, explored the city, had fun at Luna Park and made a new friend. I wish it was my birthday every day!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!