Camping With Demons

Today Dad and I are going camping, I love camping, you get to stay up late and tell ghost stories. Little did I know that where I wanted to go was crawling with demons at night.
It takes seven hours to get there it was very boring so I fell asleep. When I woke up I realised we were there. The tent was up and Dad had got wood for a fire. Later that night we were telling ghost stories around the camp fire.
We heard a screech. We both rushed into the tent then we heard the screech again and we both jumped. It was getting closer and closer, then the fire went out and we jumped.....we saw a face with two horns, a waist coat and pants. Dad told me it was a demon. I had an idea. Do demons like water? Yes. But they don't like the light. I remembered we brought down some lights that are not that bright. So I asked dad for his phone and a mirror. I snuck out without the demon noticing and got the lights and set them up around the camp.
I returned the phone and the mirror to the tent and told Dad to go to the car without making a sound and stay still until I get there. OK? OK he said and ran to the car as fast and as quietly as he could. I went into the tent and bingo! I saw him run off into the woods. I followed him as he tried to dodge the light. I was able to spot him. He climbed a tree and jumped to the next I followed him. Luckily I'm the second fastest runner and fastest at long jump in the school because this meant I could keep up with him.
Eventually he went into a cave and hit a wall and fell to the floor. I picked him up. He was out of it. I sat with him and when the sun rose and he woke up he turned back into a human.
I spent the rest of our camping trip waiting for darkness so we could have some more demon night time adventures. He was crazy cool and even a bit funny.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!