Undiscovered

Lately, I have been experiencing this sudden burst of energy but I can’t really control it. I’ll tell you about it in detail, though what I’m going to say will seem abnormal. You’ll need to trust me. I am very honest, and I’m saying this really did happen.
It started when I was at school. The meanest bully ever (Bruce) hung up the second smartest person ever (Troy) on the school flag post. I noticed that he was hung up by the underpants, I calculated that in 3.14159265359 seconds his pants would rip and he would go plummeting to the ground. I couldn’t stand there and do nothing I felt a burst of energy. It was eminently unfair why did Troy have to suffer, I pushed Bruce and climbed up saving Troy gracefully landing on the floor. Did that really happen or was it just my imagination?
I knew I was different, unique even but in what way? I read books about supernatural powers it said unless you are super special you can control it. I thought ‘Huh, am I super special?’. It’s normal to be good at school, then I noticed something else. In all the stories the main character is good at sports in the start and are even better in the end. That’s nothing like my story. Am I superdupernatural?
The next case in which this happened was when we had a test I was on holiday and hadn’t studied at all. Due to this I was quite anxious as the test was quickly approaching. When I was handed the test, my anxiousness perished. That feeling took over my body again. I filled the answer boxes with ease, and handed my test back. My teacher said the usual stuff about 'checking over my work' and 'not rushing'. But as she was reading through my work, her voice dropped to a whimper.
"This is," she took a gulp before uttering the words "all correct," I felt like jumping around the class, but I resisted the urge to act that way. It would be morally degrading. My teacher then left the room abruptly and the classroom erupted with noise. A few minutes later, my teacher returned, silencing the pupils.
The most recent time this happened was when I was playing soccer. We were 3-0 down, they put me on the team because we were hopeless. I didn’t think so. I was goalkeeper. I saved a very good shot, I kicked the ball with the utmost power I could. It went soaring into the goal, however, it was a meaningless goal. Though, later I scored 3 goals and at the end of the match it was 3-4. I saved my team.
After doing quite a lot of research (5 minutes) I have come to a conclusion that I am special. I also think I’ve figured this out; I get my super powers when needed, I knew this when I tried to fly but couldn’t.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!