Daddy I Miss You

“Goodnight honey” said Andrew, “I’m going to miss you tomorrow” whispered his wife. Andrew was leaving to war tomorrow and he knows that his two children are going to miss him deeply, He tried not to think about it and tried his best to fall asleep. The day came and he explained to his two children, Blake and Jack that he will be leaving for a little while. The children new something was going on. He left home and headed to the airport, “See you soon, I promise I’ll be back soon” he cried. The children waved him off and slowly walked inside as they tried not to think about it.

“When is Daddy coming back” said Jack with an unsure voice, Mum didn’t know what to say, “Well we don’t really know but he promised us that he will be back. But After five months a knock on the door came, Blake opened it and said “Mum, it’s for you”. The letter said ‘Dear Mrs Smith, your husband Andrew Smith is missing in action’, she read no more. She was crying her eyes out till she could hardly breathe. Blake and Jack came running down the stairs as fast as they could go to see what’s happening. “Mum”, he paused, “Is everything going ok?”. “Mum tried her hardest to say “Daddy want be coming back sweaty” Blake could barely breathe. “What do you mean”, Jack thought. “Daddy has been hurt by a gun and cannot make it back home” Mum tried to make it as easy as possible to explain. They all knew that they needed to move on with their everyday lives and go back to their normal routines.

A few weeks later the Funeral came to be, the family had all their speeches ready. They read the readings and the ceremony continued.
As years went by the Smith family were slowing getting used to life without Andrew, though life was never as it used to be.

By Jack Masson 2015

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!