Electric Chair

I just finished handing out the last of the lollies for Halloween, it was a very chilly Friday night, and I had worked at the lab from 10am-7pm (I am Forensic Pathologist). As looked at the clock I glared and realized it was already 9pm and I decided to go to bed. I went into the bathroom looked in the mirror and washed my face, shut my eyes and opened them the mirror had disappeared. So I went and searched and searched for the mirror and it was impossible to find, so I forgot about it and moved on hoping it would be there tomorrow. Another new day arrived with new gruesome dead bodies to examine, and at that very moment I remembered about the mirror I went and checked and the mirror was there. So I went down stairs and made myself a coffee and two pieces of toast for on the go. Got to work at 7am and by 9am there was a new body in the ready for me to examine the gruesome details of whoever this unlucky person was. It was time for me to go home as the time was 5pm; I picked up my dinner and headed for home completely forgetting about the whole mirror scenario. Arrived and greeted Tommy my cat sat down and ate dinner and only realizing that it’s 9pm. The night had just flown away from my fingertips, so I slowly walked up the stairs sat on my bed and I felt something hard under my blanket like glass so I lifted up the blanket and in astonishment looking back at me was my mirror just lying on bed, someone else was in the mirror it wasn’t Tommy cause he was in bed the figure looked like it was slowly moving forward towards me. All of a sudden I blacked out no idea why? I woke up looked around to my horror I was in an electric chair not knowing who was there or where I was, I was really confused with what was going on. The figure I seen in the mirror as coming towards me, I was very worried! All of a sudden I felt this rush of electric power run up my whole body; this felt like the end, I felt so weak, so defenseless. I just felt like I wanted to die the figure still moving forward I couldn’t judge who it was. I sat in the electric chair in absolute stun, he sent another shock wave up my body, my bones were slowly turning to jelly, and I felt useless.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!