Australian Outback Camping Trip

We were on a summer vacation and we went camping by a lake in the Australian outback. It was beautiful there and the weather was great. My dad took me fishing and I caught a massive flathead and we cooked it up on a flaming red crackling fire. The fish slowly became crispy and we took it off the fire after it looked and smelt gorgeous. The lake we were staying by, was crystal clear, in fact, so clear you could see the wonderful fish swimming through the eye opening lake.
The next day, my dad took me hunting. l had my 22. rifle and my dad had his 7.62 rifle, it was a lot of fun eradicating pests from the Australian outback. While we were out hunting, my dad taught me how to read a compass and talk to people on a walkie talkie. We took a walk to see the lush vast wilderness of the Australian outback. I took a few pictures of amazing things that I experienced. These few days with my dad were just fantastic.
The next time you go on a holiday, go to the wonderful lakes of Australia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!