Jack's Camping Adventure

Excellence Award in the 'Read Write Repeat 2015' competition

Hi I’m Jack Pitre. I’m 9 years old. I adore camping. I heard a whisper in the lounge room. My parents were talking. Wow I’m ecstatic we are going camping! They were discussing about the destination. They decided that our next camping trip is to Lake Eppalock.
We started to prepare our camping gear. In my personal bag I placed a torch, warm clothes, toys, my iPad, fishing rods and a soccer ball. I also got ready my bike and our boat. My mum packed some food too.
We started driving to Lake Eppalock in the car. I could not wait to get to the destination. Whilst mum was driving we sang songs in the car. Before I knew it we were there. We unpacked the car and quickly put up the tent. Let the enjoyment commence.
We spent our days riding our bikes, fishing, playing soccer and having barbeques. It was sensational.
I was playing on a jumping castle having an awesome time with my sister. To my astonishment I witnessed a bear coming towards us. We were shocked and petrified. Me and my sister rushed back to the campsite. I explained what transpired to my parents.
The bear followed us to the campsite. I was terrified but I had to defend myself. I stared at the bear ready to battle. Mum noticed the bear and went to the car with Gracie. Dad had a rifle. He fired some shots in the air consequently scaring the bear away. We all felt relieved.
Instantly we packed up and drove home. I was exhausted but we had a fantastic adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!