Earth Quake

The class had just started shaking when the first scream rang out. But it was not the last as the class room full of kids realised what was happening, a moment of silence became unheard of. The teacher was trying to calm everyone down but always at least one scream, ringing in the ears of the terrified children. A new sound emerged as the vibrating evolved into a rumbling. No one had time to run as the roof caved in. It sounded like a jet taking off as debri fell in crushing everyone near the center of the room was crushed instantly but the ring of people around the outside were luckier. The roof was alive fighting to stay on the supports I blacked out as the last remaining part of the roof slips into the classroom.

Silence filled my ears finally this bliss moment of silence. no one screaming. no rumbling or falling debri, just clear bliss silence it felt like a lifetime since the rumbling had started but now it had stopped, hopefully for good. The adrenaline from the disaster that distracted me from the pain was starting to wear off and the pain started picking at my brain.

Thoughts of gory cuts and deformed limbs fill my head, I’m still to scared to even look at my leg. I muster up the courage to look down at the source of the pain, my leg. I’m glad for the wall behind me, otherwise I knew I would have fallen back. The skin on my leg is stripped to the bone and a jagged piece of raw concrete sticks out at an awkward angle. My leg feels like there is another limb attached to the only functional part of my leg , my knee. I frighten myself with thoughts of what life would be like when I get out of this ruined school when a loose piece of blue plaster about the size of my head falls from over head and smashes my skull killing me instantly sending pieces of skin with lumps of hair attached to them across the ruined classroom.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!