Bank Robbery

The wheel, inch by inch, trundled along the granite road. Three assailants, Mitch, Tim and Lane scrutinized every single alarm, planning their escape plan, making sure where all the exits and entrances are. Each man had their own AK-48. Reloading the clip by hand, they made sure the gun wouldn't jam at the most vital time of attack.
In the parking lot, the tires halted to a loud screech. Having a rifle behind their overloaded vest, a pistol stuffed in their pants and a machete in their sleeves, they are all armed and dangerous. Covered with a hood, the three stepped onto the blue carpet of the commonwealth bank.
"Boys, one mistake will cost one million dollars! We can't afford any mistakes!" whispered, the leading assailant, Mitch.
Concerns rankled in the minds of the whole group, sitting in the corner of the rectangular bank. Four highly trained guards were positioned in every corner, followed by a red alarm button bolted in the white crisp wall. The glass auto-slide door was spied by two cameras, hid unobtrusively by the long electric lights. Near the front, metal bars were covering the checkout. Without demur, they all thought the bank was well protected, making this a challenge.
Even though they were acting natural, civilians couldn't help glimpsing at the formidable looking group. Whispering to each other, they trundled their eyes along the queue and guards, recognizing the harbour bridge in sight. With the guards casting surreptitious glances at them, they were desperate for the opportune moment.
"This is a bank robbery. Plan your steps carefully!" ordered Mitch.
"Gotch'ya," replied Tim.
"Way ahead of you," whispered Lane.
"No betrayal," Mitch stated, hoping to get the answer he wants.
"Of course I...won't," replied Lane, grimacing a snarl, not noticed by Mitch and Tim.
"Sure," replied Tim
"Eleven people. ONE. TWO. THREE. GUNS OUT!" Ordered Mitch."Security, I will kill you if you press that alarm. Join the group. Now!"
The three pulled out their guns and shot the ceiling. Bangs came from the guns in an instant. With eleven people hostage, the rifles out and no alarms, the group gained a measure of confidence. They flitted their eyes from door to door, trying to know which door a police force would come in. The group positioned their bodies away from the windows sight, cautious of a sniper.

Within earshot, a man in his forties summoned the police, trying to capture the whole scene.
"Take one of the staff to sign you in to the huge safe where the money is stored Tim. Lane stay with our hostages."
"Wow," Replied Lane in a lame voice.
"LANE!"
"Fine."
Finally, the baggage of money was lugged by Tim along the floor.
"Mission Accomplished" shouted Mitch.
"Or is it" Lane stated, pulling out his pistol and put two bullets through his accomplices body.
Just when he thought everything was going to be perfect, he heard sirens, and before he knew it, a patrol car pulled up in front of the bank. In custody,the hostages were relieved to a certain degree. Seeming to be unperturbed, he directed his barrel towards the officer.
"PUT YOUR GUN DOWN AND MOVE THREE STEPS BACK! NOW!" bellowed the Chief Police Commander.
Failing to follow orders, the officer had to pull the trigger, killing the masked man.
The officer dashed to the assailant and revealed his identity, followed by the paramedics. Rubbing his eyes, he looked closer. It was his son! He just killed his son!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!