Painless


I am suffocating, the water twisting around my chest slowly enclosing it. My arms frail back and fourth trying to reach for someone, anyone, anything. My screams are muffled by the oncoming waves; I feel the water surrounding my body slowly pulling me under.

Breathing becomes more valuable as my mouth is no longer able to reach the surface of this great mass of water. All I can do is reach for the nothingness that surrounds me. I no longer have the strength for these massive body movements that keep me afloat. My hands go under and I reach towards the blue sun, it ripples, slowly dimming as I venture deeper into the unknown.

I am tired, just tried, I think I need sleep. My eyes are closing and I am no longer in pain. I can see a light, a white light. Strange I thought my eyes where closed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!