Déjà Vu

The hooded figure raises his arm towards me. That is when I notice the silver object in his hand, it is a gun I realise. I stare at the person for a split second while feelings of déjà vu circle my mind and then bang! The sound of a million screams curls through the air and a single golden bullet soars through the air, rippling into my chest. I scream. Trying to grab at that last thread of hope inside of me to stay alive, only to be disappointed when I find none.



I am surrounded by a certain emptiness that leaves a hollow feeling inside of me. Not a splinter of light shines into this place. Where am I? I realise I have stood still as a statue and attempt to take a step forward into the unknown. My foot lands on something solid, I am unaware if it is the ground. I close my eyes and it does not change the scene, it is still black with my eyelids shut. I open my eyes and notice a small shadow of something. How can there be a shadow in a pitch-black room? That’s when my anxiety kicks in. I sit down on the floor, which seems to just be flat and I put my arms around my legs and my head down on my knees. I start to cry. Not just a few tears running silently down my face, but a stream of flowing tears. I don’t know why I cry, but I know that I feel better when I do. When I open my eyes, I am no longer surrounded by darkness; instead I am sitting on a field of green grass with the blue, cloudy sky above my head. I lie down in the thick green grass and look up to the sky, which is full of clouds. After gazing at the clouds for a few minutes, I realise people are like clouds. We change shape and size. We are pictured as one thing for a minute, then something else the next. We have our moments of disappearance and moments of complete. That's all everyone wants in life, to be complete and whole. I shut my eyes and feel as if I’m weightless and say to myself out loud ‘I am complete.'



I open my eyes again and see a hooded figure raising his arm towards me. That is when I notice the silver object in his hand, it is a gun I realise. I stare at the person for a split second while feelings of déjà vu circle my mind and then bang!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!