The Lovely Beach

Today was 32 degrees, lots of sun, and no breeze.
“We’re going to a beach, a lovely beach,” said Mum, finishing her speech.
I love the beach, its friendly feelings, all the children happily squealing!
I ran to the car as fast as I could, then we were off- off for good!
When I got to the beach, I could hear the seagulls screech.
The water looked so crystal clear, I really love it when I’m here.
I stumbled down the steep hill, the slight breeze giving me a chill.
I dived into the cold water, my bathers feeling a whole lot tauter.
I saw my friends near the rocks, I swam to them passing the docks.
But wait- what’s that over there? Something jumped out giving me a scare
“Look, dolphins look at them!” Their backs are shining like a gem.
The dolphins look so sweet, oh my word, what a treat!
My, what a day I’ve had, I feel just a little bit sad.
I wish we could go back soon; sometime tomorrow, during noon?
“Please Mum, please, please, please? “Guess what- tomorrow’s 35 degrees!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!