Door Sealed

“This is creepy” my best friend Nic said. Nic had been my best friend since kinder and he was turning 11, and I was 11. The strange part was that we were near his house in Sandfly 2015 and we had just found a hole in one of his amazing paddocks, so obviously we went in. Anyway back to the story. We had had just seen a shimmering pile of gold and then BOOM! The door slammed shut leaving us sealed inside.
“Seriously” I said to Nic. “Why don’t me just get out of here” he replied. “The door are locked” I said. “There’s a window,” “too small” I replied”. “Let’s explore more” Nic said. “Good idea” I said back in reply. So we walked of out of the entrance room. “How are we going to get out of here?” I told Nic as we walked. “I dunno” Nic replied. Just then we find 2 shimmering swords and shields lying on the ground with cobwebs covering them. “Wicked!” Nic screamed. We picked up the swords and shields and wipe the cobwebs off them. Just then a skeleton comes to life. I smashed it breaking one of its limbs with my shield and stabbed it with my sword making it die. “Nice one!” Nic said. “Thanks” I reply. We kept on walking and Nic and I take turns killing the skeletons as we walk. “This is actually quite fun” Nic said as we walked on. “I guess you’re right” I replied. “Let’s see if the door has a timer on it” Nic told me. “Good idea” I replied.
We finally got there but just as we were in the entrance room Nic stood on a peace of vine. “Crap” Nic said out loud. As he said that a wall of spikes came swinging down. “Sprint to the door!” I shouted at Nic. We sprinted to the door but it was locked, the spikes were getting closer and closer. I kicked the doors open and we ran out just in time for the spikes to miss us and we walked to Nic’s house. From that day on we knew about the tomb, treasure and almost dying in there. After that we went on go-karts and mini motorbikes, we had a great time until I had to leave to go home.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!