Mystery Island

France 2010
I wake up one morning and I look at the time, oh no, I’m late for the flight! Today I get to fly an aeroplane for the first time and I’m late. I jump out of bed, put my pilot suit on and I drive to the airport. Then I park my car, go into the airport and hop in the plane to get ready.
All the passengers get on the plane. While they’re getting on the plane, I feel like I’ve forgotten to do something but I don’t know what. Then when all the passengers are in the plane, we take off. Through the air we go, we can see all the white clouds and we can see the the sun beaming through the clouds. When we’re in the air, I wonder what a cloud would feel like.
Then I hear a noise. Beep beep beep! Then I see a red light saying, ‘low on
fuel’. Oh no! All the air masks go down and everyone screams with fear! Boom!! We crash. It goes dark... After an hour, we all wake up and get out of the airplane.
We’re on a tropical island. I look around the island and see all these tropical fruits. Then I think to myself, ‘How do we get back home?’ Luckily, no one is thinking about getting back home. Everyone was so amazed about this island. There were all these different fruits and there were carrots growing off trees. Then I said, “Everyone help find food and materials to make a shelter and wood to make a fire. We’re staying the night here.”
So we collect the materials for a fire, then we go out to to collect things for a shelter. When I’m collecting bark and leaves for the shelter, I hear people talking in a weird language then I wonder who it is. Then they stop talking. I thought they heard me, so I quickly ran back to the shelter. After an hour, we have put together our shelter. We sit in front of our fire for 20 minutes, then we all fall sleep.
When everyone is awake, we go exploring around the mysterious island. We get back, then we see people looking at our shelter. They’re the people who were dressed weirdly in the bush, they have swords. We decide to go fight them off our land, so we start fighting them down. They’re dropping while we fight. Finally, they’re all gone. Most of them died but some ran off and sailed away. That was our last hope of getting home. Now we’re stuck here on this miserable island, and we can’t get back.
It’s been a year now and we are settled down on this island. We look out at sea and we can see rescue ships. We all party and jump around. We all shout, “We’re being saved after a year!” We hoped in the boats and we all sailed off.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!