One Day

One day in the dark and gloomy winter, it was -3 degrees in Westerville. I was ready to go to school. I put my dark long coat over my white shirt, I put my pale feet in my furry snow boots and wrapped my scarf around my neck tightly. I opened the door as a cold breath of wind hit me hard, I stumbled back. I stepped outside, it was freezing. I felt like there was a blizzard inside my body dragging me to the ground. I started to walk to the bus stop.
When I got to the bus stop I realised I left my gloves at home, since the bus was about 10 minutes away and it took me 7 minutes to walk home, I thought maybe if I ran home I would make it. I ran home with my heavy backpack pounding on my back. It was not a pleasant feeling. I got home and went inside to get my gloves and went back out and sprinted back to the bus stop. There still wasn’t any bus, so I went to look at the schedule and they crossed out number 62 which was my bus to get to school and the school was a 45 minute drive so it would at least take an hour and 45 minutes to walk or run to get there in time.
I was kicking myself, why did I have to get my stupid gloves. I was walking past an old railway station, trees grew all around and there were snowflakes falling down, crystallising and the trees were covered with snow. What a winter wonderland I thought.
I got around halfway, I started walking through some woods and the winter sun started disappearing into the darkness. I heard ruffles in the trees. I slid my hands in my pockets and squeezed my shoulders as I walked through the lonely woods, but then there was a big gust of wind. I turned my head the other direction and I saw a shadow running across the leaves on the ground a fair way from me. A few minutes later the shadow came again but this time it was closer. Then it came a third time, but I stopped. I crept closer to the dark figure, I was thinking what is this dark figure. As soon as I got close enough I could start to see some colour to this figure. I reached my hand out and then...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!