The Underground City

I see my friend Josh wildly swinging the old wooden bridge with a grin on his face. I shout out, “stop!” But he continues to do it and then all of a sudden all of the posts on the bridge come falling out of the ground and the bridge drops. The bridge is falling so fast that if I let go I would go flying up into the air.
“Boing!” the bridge lands on a giant trampoline and I get winded from hitting one of the planks on impact. The light is beaming in my eyes and I struggle to keep them open. As my eyes adjust to the light I look around and see people walking around with all different types of skin, heads and tales. There’s a person in front of me with purple scales and things that look like computer chips stuck in the back of his head. He greets me kindly. “What is this place?” I ask and he answers saying,”Zordron the underground town, and you are?” “Oh, I’m Peter.”
“Well Peter it’s nice to meet you, my name is Chronide Algertrie the VI.”
“What an interesting name,” I say. Bang, boom, bang.
“What was that?” I ask.
“It signifies that there is a town meeting, we should probably hurry if we want to hear what the town’s master has to say,” says Chronide Algertrie the VI. It’s not a very long walk to the centre of the town but it sure is an interesting one. There are the most oddly shaped houses that I’ve ever seen, there was short houses, tall houses, wide houses and thin houses. Some were dark and some were light but they were all crazy and cool in a unique and awesome way, although the people or if you could call them that, were even more crazy and cool then the houses. They had scales, tales, multiple HEADS, and all different coloured skin.
When we got to the town centre, I didn’t realise until a man started talking. When I turned my head I saw a large two-headed silver and gold scaled three-tailed man that was wearing a gold, gem covered coat and lots of gold rings and bracelets with gems on them. Standing on a solid gold stage that was covered in all sorts of gems, from diamonds to Rubies to Emeralds and even ones I had never seen before. Now that’s surprising, I thought to myself because I’m a gemologist and that’s what I was doing in this part of the world before I fell down here. But I am glad that I did because it is extremely interesting.
I decide to ask Chronide Algertrie the VI what the town’s masters name was. “What’s the town master’s name?”
“Voltron sygeria polosus the LXVI.”
“The 66th, that’s an awful lot of people with the same name!”
“I suppose it is, anyway you should be listening.”
“We have invented a way to go up to the surface.”
BUT ANOTHER STORY

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!