In The Forest

I am going camping in the wilderness. I am halfway there and I can already see amazing things. I can see the see the humongous mountains that have the sun shining on them. I am scared and excited to go there.
I see the sun shining on the clear and shallow water that drifts off to the ocean. I look at the river and I see the reflection of the two big mountains in the distance. I see a family of ducks in the water fluttering their feathers. It is a lot more peaceful here than I thought it would be.
I hear little birds in the big pine trees. It sounds like a soothing song and mother and the father are the chorus. I hear the squirrels chattering away on acorns. The leaves are blowing in the wind and they are making a whooshing sound. These sounds are soothing me, almost making me drift off to sleep.
I feel the wind whooshing past me. The wind is blowing the rain on me, but I don’t mind because I am in the wilderness and that is natural. I feel the leaves touching me. The grass is tickling my feet, just like what my big brother does. I wish I could stay here forever.
This place is amazing. This place has made me discover that there is so much more to life than sitting at home and doing nothing. At night, it is even more magical, but that is a different story to tell.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!