The Campsite

Scratch! Scratch! I’m at a beautiful campsite in Teesdale. There are trees and mountains to climb and shiny blue rivers to swim in. There is fish in the river for us to watch. I feel free from people and to do lots of things.
I’m sitting in front of a camp fire. I can see the snow capped mountains and a good view of the forest. I can see the blue water reflecting the beautiful skies. The clouds are as fluffy as a pillow. I can see trees shaped like pins. I feel so light that I could fly with the birds.
I can hear birds landing in the trees. Baby birds cheeping to their mum and dads. I can hear turtles splashing, so are the rainbow fish. Trees are thrashing against the one next to it. Rustle Rustle.
I can feel the grass on my feet as I walk towards the river. The turtles are splashing water on my face. The water is very cold. I can feel the rocks in the water under my feet. Some are so smooth they are massaging my feet. I feel so calm.
I wish I could stay here but I have to go home. I hope I can come
back soon to see all the animals and be free from pollution.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!