Generation Z


What’s Wrong with Generation Z?While all eyes are recognizing the accomplishments, changes, and technological skills of Generation Y (the Millennial Generation), the next upcoming yield of professionals is on the rise: Generation Z. Who is Generation Z, and what exactly do they plan to bring to the table?

While some argue that Millennials are entitled and spoiled, it turns out that the next generation is equally as bad. Some blame technology, while others blame helicopter parenting (the act of being overly involved in a child’s life, without enabling them the opportunity to grow and make personal decisions).

Born with phones connected to their jaw, and the Internet glued to their fingertips, Forbes notes that many believe Generation Z is over confident, has a lower patience threshold, and has a shorter attention span than any preceding generation.

Surprisingly, this generation’s attachment to social media has not actually boosted their social activity and communication, but lowered it. Many view Gen Z as “friendless”and studies show that they are less apt to display a facial reaction to convey emotion; they have lost necessary interpersonal skills. Scientists also note that today’s teenagers disregard boundaries for the virtual world and reality. Living and thriving in a digital world has had its drawbacks, but there are benefits to it, as well.

On the other hand, there are many ways in which Generation Z shows a promising path, offering the world a window of what is to come. In a technologically driven future, societal, cultural, and educational norms will see a shift; these changes are already starting today.

For example, Generation Z prefers shopping online rather than heading to the mall; this delivers new challenges and new avenues for the realm of marketing and advertising. In order to stay up current with these trends, advertisers should constantly learn and evolve with these changes. Studying communications is a great way to stay up to date with marketing, advertising, and market trends. Doing so can enables those in the industry access to a more successful marketing career.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!