Earth Quake Retell

Earthquake Retell

At approximately 3.00am on October 25th 2015 Afghanistan’s newest earthquake hit my home I was in that earthquake and this is what happened to me....
As the floor under me shook, my mind was sent into a spin. My first thought “Grab the kids”. I ran but the walls caved in, dirt flew into my eyes and rain started. I had scrambled out of the wreckage, but the world was dark, my ears piercing, my body felt loose, I felt my way down the stairs, but halfway down I was hit by flying debris ,knocking me under the house I remember feeling lifeless wishing for my kids. I felt another pang on my left hip then my body stopped and everything went black.
I woke to the sound of people's devastated voices. The tears of people realising that there sisters, brother, cousins, mums were Missing or worse dead. The wind howled and laughed at me.My insides crumpled, all my scars didn't matter, I just wanted family there to hold my hands and hug me .Never let go to tell me that everything's going to be alright but they can't because deep down I know it's not.
I look at my world. Dead. Lives were gone .Finished. I stood there wondering how we are going to survive? We had nothing and now we ALL have less.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!