You Can Run, But You Can't Hide.

A twig snapped behind me, I turned and looked around, my whole body shaking with fear… nothing is there but I’m still terrified, I keep running. I don’t remember where I am or how I got here. My dress is dirty and my legs are bruised, I start to slow my pace, I stop suddenly dropping to the ground I can’t keep going, I’m tired and sore, I need to sleep but I need to get out of this place, I lay me head on a rock telling myself I’m just resting for a while, I close my eyes and everything is silent, I fall asleep.
I wake to the sound of twigs snapping ‘Snap, snap, snap, snap’ I’m so scared I can’t move from where I am, I know I need to, what if whoever it is finds me, what would they do. Everything goes silent again, it scares me more, how close are they? I slowly get up and look around…
There a shadow behind a tree, I freeze turning, searching for a place to run and hide, I can’t find anywhere, I take a chance and run towards the shadow, praying that whatever it is won’t hurt me. ‘BANG’ I fall to the ground, blood stains the bottom of my dress and runs down my leg, I can’t move it, I’m into much pain. I touch the hole in my leg and scream out, I know I need to be quiet or they will find me, I can hear murmurs of people talking.
I try to move, trying to get up and run away, but I can’t move, the voices are getting louder, closer, I’m paralysed to the spot, not moving a muscle, hoping, praying that they won’t find me… I feel the presence of someone behind me, I turn slowly, but before I can’t get a look at who it is they grab my shoulders I try to scream, but I now feel the pressure of someone’s hand on my mouth, muffling my cries. I try to bite down on the hand covering my mouth, but it’s gone, my hands are tied behind my back, I thrash trying to get the hands off me, I shudder at the sound of something growl, I scream.
My dad is by my side trying to wake me up, I can hear myself screaming and dad telling me to wake up, telling me everything's okay, I open my eyes and see him sitting next to me, he pulls me into his arms, whispering ‘Shhh, everything is okay, it’s just a dream.’ It isn’t just a dream, it’s THE dream, and I’ve been having it for over 2 weeks now. Once I’m calm dad tucks me in kissing my forehead, leaving he closes the door behind him. I turn over to face my window, and standing right there inside my bedroom is the men, one step’s closer “Daddy can’t help you now” he says and I scream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!