Racing At The Stormy Beach

Charlotte woke up at 5:00AM she was really excited and nervous. She knew today was going to be a big day. Charlotte was of to Warilla beech to compete for Sydney Water.

Charlotte was 8 years old, she had long pretty brown hair and she was a nipper.

It took her one hour to get there. It looked like it was going to rain but the conditions were ok. There was a lot of people and everyone was either swimming or running. Charlotte went to her team’s tent. She was racing for North Wollongong. Her first event was the board. When the whistle blew Charlotte sprinted out to the ocean and jumped straight on to the board. Charlotte had a board that was pink and black.

It was a stormy day so the waves were massive and she felt a little bit scared. It felt like the swell was as big as the mountains but it didn’t stop Charlotte she paddled through the waves her eyes were stinging from the salt water. She finally went around the cans and caught a massive wave back. She caught up with the to girls in front of her and as soon as she crossed the finish line she fell over but it was ok she finished 3rd place. She was so relieved.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!