Paint Your Dreams

The sound of the cello flooding his ears comforted him as he walked into the music room to practice. It was Arthurs favourite part of the day; watching his beloved Amelia’s face as she made her beautiful music with her cello. He saw it relaxed her, and sometimes he’d even join in on his violin. He still remembered the first time they met, freshman year, when they’d had to share the music room. He was doing it for fun, but it appeared to be way more serious for her. He’d watched, fascinated, at the pure passion that flowed through the soundwaves, years of practice evident in her music.

“Why are you trying so hard?” he remembered asking.

She’d just flicked her bow at him, her blue eyes sparkling slightly.

“Life is art. Paint your dreams.” She’d murmured, tying her dirty blonde hair in a ponytail.

Arthur opened the door, bathing in the familiar tune of ‘Fur Elise’ by Beethoven. He positioned his violin at his chin, waiting for the tune to begin again before joining her. The blonde’s thick eyebrows furrowed in concentration, his green eyes focused on nothing but the strings at his fingers. Their music mixed together wonderfully, the sounds echoing through the halls of the empty school. Amelia finally stopped and grinned.

“Hello Artie.” Her thick American accent resonated around the room.

Arthur folded his arms around the girl, placing a gentle kiss on the top of her head. He smiled when she hugged him back.

“Hallo love.”

Though the hug was already difficult because of the cello between her legs, she leaned up a little further to kiss his cheek.

“You’re doing well, my dear.” He said with a grin.
She smiled back.

“Practice makes perfect, eh?”

Arthur pulled back from the hug, gesturing to her cello. She seemed to get his hint, and positioned her bow on the strings.

“Let’s make some more music.”
The British boy smiled. Deciding he’d start this one, and keeping their Beethoven ‘theme’, began to play ‘9th Symphony’. The piece eventually finished, and he smiled at his Amelia.

“You’re way too good.”

She just smiled, leaned up, and whispered in his ear.

“Life is art. Paint your dreams.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!