They're Coming!

Finalist in the 'Beyond Words 2015' competition

I try to look around but the darkness of the night has wrapped itself around every living thing out here. I cautiously take another step forward and call out again.
"Dad, are you there?"
Still no answer. I was sure I heard him, but I guess I was wrong. From the corner of my eye, I see a flash of light. I freeze and the same words keep rushing through my mind - They're coming!
I suddenly feel a lightning strike of fear jolt me into action and I start to run but it is so pitch black I'm not sure what direction I'm heading and I blindly stumble on a rock that stops me in my tracks.
I try to yell but nothing comes out of my mouth, I'm trembling and a sense of dread washes over me.
I jump to the sound of a branch snapping behind me. I start to run again but I only make it a few strides when I'm wrestled to the ground and have a torch shoved in my face. I scream!
"Found you!" bellowed a voice.
I look up to see my cousin Ella and my Dad standing behind her laughing.
"Come on, let’s play again," Ella says. "This time you're IT!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!