Game Day

??ame Day
It was a normal game day for Marcus Bontempelli. It was the AFL 2016 Nab challenge, round 2, when Marcus Bontempelli was on his way to Craigieburn. It was Melbourne vs. Western Bulldogs at Craigieburn oval. Luke Beverage the coach of the Western Bulldogs called Marcus and asked “Are you stuck in traffic?”
Marcus replied, “Yes I am’’.
Marcus was going to be late for the game if all these cars didn’t move. Marcus didn’t want to be late to the game at all.

Half an hour later Marcus rang his coach back and he answered, “Yes Marcus, what’s wrong?”
“Who’s the sub for us?”
“It is Tom Boyd” replied Luke Beverage.
“I thought he was playing in the VFL for 5 more rounds, why is he in?” asked Marcus.
“We don’t have Caleb Daniel, Tom Boyd, Robert Murphy and Ling John” replied Luke.
“So we need Tom Boyd. Is Matt Sucking in this NAB challenge?” asked Marcus.
“Yes he is in” answered Luke.
“Ok” replied Marcus and then hung up the phone.
“Finally” said Marcus as the cars started moving, “I’ll be there in a matter of time because the game is at 2.30pm and it’s 11.30am.”

When Luke and Marcus arrived Luke asked Marcus if he could help get everything ready for the match. Marcus agree. “What do I do” asked Marcus. “Set up our game planning and training area” replied Luke. “Ok” said Marcus.
So they did and as the rest of the team arrived and the other team arrived Luke told the team their new numbers. Numbers was. 1 Matt Suckling, 2 Robert Murphy, 3 Mitch Wallis, 4 Marcus Bontempelli, 5 Matt Boyd, 6 Tom Boyd, 7 Luke Dahlhaus, 8 Nathan Hrovat,
9 Jake Stringer, 10 Eastern Wood, 11 Jake Macrae… 49 goes to Zaine Cordy.

Over the speaker came
“Welcome to round 2 of the NAB challenge 2016 this game is Demons vs. Bulldogs.
Here is the very, very new AFL rule: NO FIGHTING OR YOU’RE OFF FOR 10 MINUTES” the commentator yelled out. Then goes the siren and then the match started. Bulldogs got off to a great first quarter and Marcus Bontempelli had his 9th goal and then a minute later the sirens went. “The score’s after half time are… We are sorry because Nathan Johnson started fighting with Marcus Bontempelli.”

Teams: Goals: Behinds: Total Score
Bulldogs 22 12 144
Demons 10 0 100
“Sorry guys we did not record 3rd quarter because there was another big fight with the same 2 people, that’s why we did not do third quarter, but it is 4th quarter now and Marcus Bontempelli has got a goal and it is his 15th goal this game now.” Then the sirens went off and the game was over. “The scores are”…

Teams Score’s
Bulldogs: Goals: 30 Behinds: 18 Score: 198
Demons: Goals: 20 Behinds: 6 Score: 126

“Well done Western Bulldogs,” and the bulldog fans yelled,” GO DOGGIES”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!