JASPER THE CAT

One hot sunny day jasper the cat was searching for water, he was very thirsty and he desperately needed a drink. Jasper searched everywhere he could but there was no water, not even in the neighbour’s cat’s water bowl or his owner’s old baby pool, which stunk terribly.
Jasper was just about exhausted, his owners wouldn’t be back for ages, because they had gone to the beach. Jasper laid down underneath a shady tree and fell asleep. He dreamed that he was playing with the fluffy white clouds in the sky but then the hot summer wind kept blowing into his mouth, making it very dry. Jasper looked down at the ocean below it was too far for him to reach down and get a drink, all of a sudden jasper started to fall out of the sky, and that made him wake up.
It was the afternoon now and jasper was panting and then he remembered that one of his owners had stayed at home, jasper wasn’t sure why but he didn’t care. Jasper went up to the door and meowed, he did it for a while, until his owner came to the door. His owners name was Sheela, she had long golden coloured hair and crystal blue eyes and she was wearing a pretty floral dress. She let jasper inside, jasper could feel the cool air conditioner air blowing on his fur, and he then followed Sheela into the laundry room where she poured some icy cold water into a bowl for him.
Jasper licked up the water it rested his mind and soothed his dry mouth, it made him feel much better. At last jasper wasn’t thirsty anymore and he wasn’t feeling hot at all, instead he felt happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!