Rapunzel Followed The Yellow Brick Road

Once upon a wicked world, Rapunzel killed her step mother. Rapunzel’s step mother, Judith, knew she was extremely wicked so locked Rapunzel in a tower. Outraged Rapunzel stabbed her stepmother with a piece of glass. She climbed down the tower screaming, “I’m free, I’m free!” The sound was heard by Prince George who turned and spoke.
“Hello my name is Prince George. What is your name?”
“My name is Rapunzel and you’re in my way. Go away!” shouted Rapunzel
“If you don’t mind may I ask you what you’re running from? Because I’m running from the guards. I killed my father the king.” explained Prince George.
“Wait, you’re wicked too? I’ve just killed my stepmother. Hmm, I could use a side kick. Follow me!” exclaimed Rapunzel.
Confused and slightly dazed, George followed.

“Can we stop at The Ugly Duck for a drink” asked George.
“No! I’m trying to find Dorothy. She should be on the yellow brick road... Ahh here it is!” replied Rapunzel.
Rapunzel walked down the yellow brick road and found a wishing well. She wished to be the wickedest in all the world. Rapunzel instantly become the prettiest and most wicked in all the land. Then she wished to have a massive castle, with a wishing well in the main entrance, hidden by a beautiful big garden. Rapunzel and George walked to the end of the road.
“Rapunzel, Rapunzel, is that you? Wow! You look gorgeous! And so wicked!” said Dorothy cheerfully.
“Oh Dorothy, you look amazing! Thank you. How are you? What have you been doing?” asked Rapunzel.
“I’m amazing like always. I’ve been killing princesses, what else? Now who is this yummy bunny?” asked Dorothy.
“Prince George” replied Rapunzel.
“Can we kill him!” asked Dorothy with her hopes up.
“No, he killed his father and he is my sidekick,” explained Rapunzel.
They walked along the windy yellow road on their way to Far-Far Away. They walked for hours until they came across Scarecrow.
“Hello Scarecrow, how have you been?” asked Dorothy
“Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. May I come too?” asked Scarecrow
“Of course,” said Rapunzel, “But only if you are wicked too, otherwise you might get frightened.”
“I’m the most ruthless thing around, Rapunzel,” explained Scarecrow, “Are you heading to Far-Far Away?”
They walked for another hour, then came across the Tin Man.
“Help, help I’m stuck! get my oil please. Are you heading to Far-Far Away if you can I come.” Asked the Tin man
“Of course,” replied everyone.
Suddenly a lion stuck his massive, golden head out behind a tree.
“I’m coming too!” shouted the lion
They skipped to Far-Far Away when they got to the Amazing main gate of the Kingdom.
“This is as far as we are going. Goodbye Dorothy! Great seeing you.” Rapunzel said sadly
Rapunzel and Dorothy hugged.
Rapunzel waved her wand and a white horse appeared. Rapunzel and George rode home to Rapunzel’s castle safe and sound awaiting their next adventure.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!