Jeff And The Alien

Jeff and the alien
Jeff woke up on a typical Tuesday morning, and ate his breakfast and brushed his teeth. He put on his suit and started the long walk to work. Up and down he went, over hills as high as heaven, through backyards and shrubs, as he made his way to the office building.
He walked in the front door and waddled to the elevator which would take him to his office on the top floor. As he was walking to the lift, he was intercepted by a strange folk. He had large, black, oval-shaped eyes set into a silver-skinned head. It also turned out that the whole body was silver. The creature wore nothing but a slightly-tight pair of okanui shorts.
This being walked up to Jeff (who was still speechless from the appearance of the creature) and said the most bizarre thing. He said ‘hi’ and asked Jeff where he could find Jeff. Jeff stuttered for a minute or so and then answered that he was Jeff. The alien got all excited and asked him if they could speak in private.
Jeff took the alien up to his office and they both sat down. The alien introduced himself to be Max from Mars. Max told Jeff that he had been banished from Mars by the High Council of the Stardragon Quadrant and that he could only return after he had competed five tasks set by the Council. He continued by saying that the five tasks were: To capture and tame a fury (a horse); to eat the forbidden fruit (chips); to bathe in the clean substance (Coca-Cola); to travel 500 metres by the slowest path (on foot) and to climb higher than any Martian had climbed before (ten metres).
Max kept saying that he needed a human to say that he had competed the tasks. So Jeff agreed that he’d help Max and that they should get started straight away, so Max and Jeff left the office building to get started on Max’s tasks.
By the next day, Max had only one challenge left to complete and that was to bathe in the clean substance (Coca-Cola). Jeff had assessed Max on all his tasks and signed his signature on his datapad. Jeff decided that from all his work, Max should get a hard-earned brunch.
Jeff and Max arrived at Jeff’s favourite café and took a seat at a table with a vase and two pre-brewed cups of coffee. Once they had ordered, Jeff decided to bring up the main question, so he asked Max why he had been banished. Max had not thought that Jeff would care about why he had been kicked out, let alone ask why. Max about to answer, but a Coca-Cola truck filled with Coke came whizzing past the café where Jeff and Max were having their coffee. Max, too distracted to answer, jumped up, leapt over the velvet rope and started chasing after the truck, but it didn’t stop for him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!