Zoo Havoc

An otter scurries across the floor.Monkeys swing from trees, stealing food and causing mischief. People run, trying to escape. Believe me or not, this is the zoo!

That morning, I had been eating breakfast when my mum announced, "We're going to the zoo!"
"Which zoo? I inquired.
"Limbol Zoo!" she cried. Yes! I had thought. Limbol zoo is like the best! Well, it didn't really live up to its reputation today!

I look around. Before it had been otters, monkeys and rabbits walking around, but now it was wolves, feral cats and all different, dangerous bees. Soon, it was panthers and then it was increasing to leopards, cheetahs, tigers and even lions!

Pieces of metal lie at my feet and cages which usually have 7 bars now have only 4. So, its impossible to stuff the animals into those cages. No more ideas!

People push past me as the king of the bests roars at them. It swishes its golden mane and a stripy one joins him. Soon a spotty cat is also at his side with a thirsty look on his face. I knew what he was thirsty for. Children also run at top speed, seeing the three cats,even the smallest running real fast."Claudia," Mum yell "Claudia, a ten year old can't face that beast alone." Suddenly, a boy shoves past me, roughly. Soon the world spins around, but the pushing people don't notice. I lay on the rough cement with grazed arms. Crowds push Mum father away.The golden, king beast slowly approaches me, his tail flicking impatiently.

"I am going to die!" I utter under my breath. A few thoughts push into my terrified mind.I Suddenly remember. My ipod. Wait, my ipod? I grab it from my pocket, dialling the pest control number hurriedly. I move to miss a blow from the lions paw. After what seemed like ages of rolling, they came. And after only a hour or two.... All the animals in the cages! I look at the lion cage. No lions. Suddenly a piercing roar cuts the air behind me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!