Banish To Welcome

"Don't let go.." Alex begged. "Please!"
Ryan just looked at her, tears in his eyes. "I'm sorry, my love... but you must live." He let go of Alex's hand, falling into the dark abyss below.

Alex shot up, sitting straight and breathing heavily. Tears stained her face. Ryan, who lay asleep beside her, stirred and woke. "Sweetheart?" He muttered. "What's wrong? Was it another nightmare?"
Alex merely nodded, falling into her boyfriends arms. "Yes... and it was worse than before." Although she often had nightmares, not once had she ever told Ryan what they had been about.
"well... I'll hold you while you sleep, sweetheart. Maybe then the nightmares will cease."
Alex nodded, curling up. She was asleep in seconds.

Come morning, Alex looked beside her, only to find Ryan was gone. Instead, blood replaced his vanished form. Now she couldn't tell if she was still dreaming or not. Alex screamed, but not for long. The sound of gun shots pierced her ears, and within in moments she was on the floor. Ryan came in and looked down at her, smiling wickedly. "Such a naïve little girl, to think anyone could have loved you."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!