You Can Fly Anywhere!

Once there was a boy called Ruben. He was 6 years old and he wanted to fly! He would jump off sheds and fall to the ground! He had broken so many bones that sometimes he couldn't move at all and had to wait for someone to help him up.

One day while having breakfast he felt a tingling in his body. He thought he might be growing wings but that only happens in fairy tales. So he then hopped up and went to school. At school he met his friend Jesse. Jesse and Ruben had been close friends for years! In class they did maths. They did not like maths.

At lunch they talked about what they wished they could do. Ruben said that he wished he could fly! Jesse said he wished he could swim under water for ever!

When school had finished, Ruben went over to Jesse's house. They wanted to make there dreams come true. So first they started collecting parts to make wings for Ruben. They collected all sorts of things! Like cardboard, plastics, string, some not so heavy metals and much more!

Sadly, when they secured the wings to Ruben's back and when Ruben jumped of a fence, he fell to the ground crying! Luckily, no bones were broken so he didn't have to go to hospital!

The next day Jesse came over to Ruben's house. Although today, they were working on Jesse's dream! They went down to the local pool and Jesse tried to swim under water non stop by holding his breath! It failed! He ended up passing out but soon recovered after the life guard saved him!

One year later Jesse and Ruben's dreams came true! Jesse went snorkelling and stayed under water for as long as he liked! And Ruben went on a plane to Bali! He was flying because "You can fly anywhere!"
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!