Unexpected Incidents

I was 12 when I first saw him. He had the most addicting little dimples! When he smiled you had no chance, it’s like he put everyone in a deep trance. The problem was, I never smiled at him.
I never really had an interest in boys and when I saw Thomas I thought he was just another boy, but my friends thought otherwise. All the girls loved him and thought his dirty blonde hair was to die for. I never thought it was anything special.
He always talked to my friends, they would love it when he talked to them but not me. I couldn’t stand being near him at all and would end up lying on my own in my favourite place. The hill.
Only I knew about the hill. The hill was just behind the gym. No one ever went there besides from me, it’s covered in luscious, green grass. It was the place I went to think about things and contemplate how lady bugs fly or how dolphins swim. I thought of the craziest things there.
It was 1 day before my birthday. April the 12th, all my friends were, once again, crowding Thomas. From the corner of my eye I could see his stressed face looking in my direction, obviously tired from all the attention he’s getting. Lately he always stared at me, I can’t say that I hate it anymore. It makes me feel kind of special.
I headed off to the hill to just sit and get away from the chaos. As I left I heard girls basically screaming for Thomas to come back and I thought ‘I wonder where he’s going?’ so I turned around and he was right there, right behind me. I stumbled from shock and almost fell backwards but he caught me. It felt surprisingly nice. I said thankyou and continued towards the hill.
When I got to the hill I almost fell to the ground. I was so confused! I had no idea what I was feeling! The tears poured out and I just couldn’t stop!
After a while I said to myself ‘I should probably get to class’ but I couldn’t bring myself up to a standing position so I just sat there. Then there was a hand, a strong but soft hand on my shoulder. I turned my head and there he was, Thomas.
I had hair absolutely everywhere plus it was sticking to my face because of my tears, Thomas put both his hands on the side of my face and carefully moved all of my light brown hair out of my face. He pulled my face up so I was looking right at him and said to me “Everything is going to be all right” then he pulled me into a humongous hug as the tears started again.
The hill is now our place, together. I love hanging out with him more than anything and I’ve never been happier!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!