Can You Dance?

I was sitting in the schoolyard and girls were teasing me. I just ignored them they said, "Hey Alissa you’re so fat and ugly, a pig is prettier" and like the teacher always said, I stood up for myself. I said sarcastically, "Well look at the Princesses, so pretty and nice." They tilted their heads up and walked off. "So pathetic," I whispered.
The other day at dance class, they pushed my best friend Madeline over, she went home and she came back today with a fractured arm! Then we were called down to the front office and they wanted us to be the school dance group. I was like, "Of course, is this a joke? I don't think Dancetts are good enough?" But I thought and said, "What about Madeleine?" Then Bella walked out and said, "I am the replacement." We practiced for ages and when we were finally up on the stage, we danced madly and I could see Madeline in the audience. At decision time, the judge looked at both teams not giving anything away with her eyes and yelled, “And the winner is, Dancetts!” We won! I was so happy! Madeline raced up and we let her join in celebrating.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!