Key To Depression

"Kaboom! Ahhh!"The gunshots were heard from miles away. The terrorising screams of the people entered the his ears. Smoke flew into the air polluting it. The grass soak dip the red blood turning it darker. Dead bodies laid on the ground. Sweat ran down his face. His hair planted to his forehead. Scanning the place with his hazel eyes. The sound came again. Kaboom!

"I challenge you at noon right here!" a voice boomed from the clouds. His face scrunched up in worry, wishing it was over. He walked up the mountain while thoughts raced through his head. Red blood covered his boots and his clothes were ripped. At last he reached his target to the top of the mountain. Glancing at the horizon he wished his greatest wish. That peace will overcome the war and everyone will be safe. Taking small steps, he walked towards the camp.

I finished with a small smile.The classroom came back to life. The imaginary world disappeared from my head. Others were staring at me with huge puppy dog eyes.
"What's going to happen next?" questioned Zac.
"Maybe, theā€¦" my voice trailed off.
"What?" asked Madison.
"Well done, Lucas. That is a heart breaking story." the teacher's voice rang, interrupting my thoughts.

Jake stood up all of a sudden as if he had been shocked. He is a small boy with hazel eyes. His face looked surprised as if my story had brought memories.
"From where you get the idea from?" Jake asked.
"A history book about a person in the World War 2. It is a true story." I replied.
Everyone was looking at us as if we were speaking gibberish.

"This is what happens in the end to the boy in your story." Jake exclaimed.
I wondered what he was talking about. Jake took a deep breath and started to say a story.
"The sunset was as beautiful as ever. The young teenager walked with his fellow mates to the boat. There was blood pouring out of his arm where it was cut. His best mate had died from a landmine. Tears collected in his eyes, slowly pouring down his cheeks and dropping on the grass. He landed safely to Australia in the boat. He got married and had a son. His family continued as they had a great grandson. Me."

Suddenly, I realised that the boy in my story was Jake's great grandfather.
"Sorry" I felt so sorry as I knew the tragic of what happened to Jake's family.
Jake smiled softly at me as he wiped tears from his eyes.

"Jake help Lucas with his story" the teacher instructed.
Jake a small nod and walked with me outside.The soft breeze made my black hair waved. We sat down as our imagination over took the silence and we started taking. Our ideas poured out of our mouths as we thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!