Easter Surprise

Saturday:
Everybody knows that you get Easter eggs at Easter, right? Well on one Easter day I had a very different experience. It started on Saturday morning the day before easter, and my parents were rushing around trying to get everything ready for the coming guests for Sunday where all my cousins and relatives were going to be at my house. It was good because there were lots of people who were my age and on the other side I had lots of younger relatives that I had to play with and they all still did Easter egg hunting so my parents and I had to make our own Easter eggs. The worst part is my parents think that if we make our own Easter eggs Me and my little brother can “bond” and we would fight less, well I think that it makes it worse because he always get the leftovers. So this time we worked at different ends and we would split the leftovers, that surprisingly worked and we made them and hid them before the guests came! Unlike last year when they all came when we were still painting eggs. But it’s still ok if we don’t make enough because the guests always come with their very own Easter eggs and we traditionally share them around and give them to each other so Me and my dad usually scrap a few eggs and watch the footy. My favorite part is when we paint the eggs, we can paint any colors anywhere and any design we want! Usually people hard boil their eggs but this year our stove was broken so we decided to just let the boiling go.

Sunday:
Finally it was Sunday. All my relatives and cousins were here and it was nearly time to pass the eggs around. I had to sit at the baby table, again. Anyway it had been a great first half of the day and it was about to get better. Everyone had got their eggs except me, I am always the last one to get the eggs. This year my auntie gave me an egg. I was about to open my egg when it started to crack, what was happening? The top part of the egg came off! Oh my God! It was a baby chicken! I straight away asked my mum “Can I keep it? PLEASE! My mum couldn’t believe her eyes, and she knew that I loved birds so she said yes! From that moment on Me and Coora have been living happily together.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!