Caitlyn Candy

One day Caitlyn's mother owned a candy store. She worked there for over 36 years. Her mother loved working at the store also and she also had a daughter that was 18 years old. She would say to her daughter Caitlyn Candy, “soon I’m going to retire, so you must look after this shop for me” she said.

So soon she was thinking about what her mother said to her. Caitlyn dreamed of becoming a fashion designer. It’s been her dream for the last 4 years , but the other 16 years she wanted to take over the store when her mother retired.

Soon she arrived at school. At school her teacher Miss Mint said “we will be learning about what job you should get when you grow older because you kids are already in year 12”.

Soon Albert Apple put his hand up and Miss Mint picked him. Albert said to everyone in the class, “my dream is to become a person who builds technology”. But his father wanted him to become a woodworker like himself . Soon Caitlyn said out loud “I CAN RELATE TO THAT!!!” Soon everyone looked at Caitlyn. She was very embarrassed.

Then Albert started talking again about his job for when he gets older. Like which he should pick. The one his dad wants him to be or what he wants to be. All of a sudden Miss Mint interrupted his speech and Miss said, “you should choose what makes you happy and proud helping and having fun with your father or pursuing your own dreams. After 10 minutes of thinking he decided to work with his dad and Miss Mint said it was a good choice to pick your father over something you love to do.

Soon in Caitlyn mind she was thinking Albert Apple made a really good decision.So in her mind she was thinking should she look after and owned the store once her mother retired ,since she did not know what to do she asked her friends Lynda Lollipop and Jimmy Jelly because she didn’t know what to do so they talked and talked for a couple of hours.Untill they help her find out withch future job she wanted .

Eventually ,she was finally able to pick her job and it was taking over her mum’s candy store. When I told her that I was going to take over her candy store she was as happy as a monkey playing around. Her mum hugged her very very tight with joy. Even though Caitlyn Candy could not follow the dream she wanted, she was still very happy for her mother. Caitlyn couldn't have done it without her best friends Lynda Lollipop and Jimmy Jelly.

Soon it was her birthday and she was turning 25 years old. By the end of the day when she was officially 25 years old, her mother said to her, "I’ll be retiring and you can finally own your wonderful and amazing Candy Store for your future".

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!