Geronimo!

That morning was just like any other … or so I thought … turns out it was the 13th of July, the day I went to the Southern Stretches of the Amazon. I wasn’t to excited because I was there for two months , that’s if I didn’t find anything, Oh sorry I forgot hi I’m Arthur and I’m an explorer, where was I ? oh now I remember , if I found something I would be there for three or four months .

My day started like any other day, I got out of bed , I got changed , had breakfast and then went outside and over to Johns house to ask if he would like to go on an adventure with me . I was two people short of being able to go on another adventure , and John said “Yeah sure mate , just let me get ready,” and then when John was ready we went over to Eans to ask if he would like to come on a journey with us and he said “ Sure I’d love to!’’ I wasn’t afraid to ask them to come before.

Just before we got there something with the plane went really wrong and all I could hear was “ KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!” All I could see was shards of metal and glass flying everywhere. Fortunately, Ean managed to grab three fire extinguishers and we managed to put out all of the fire. When we were safe we saw John limping. Turns out he got a shard of metal stuck into his thigh. Lucky I always carry a numbing needle with me so we used it on John and took the metal out of his leg. We found some green moss so we wrapped his leg up in that. When it was night time we went to sleep. When we woke up we could hear a chopper overhead so John (who happened to be quite a good throw) threw a stick up and the pilot saw it so he landed, next to us.

When we were in the chopper the pilot gave us earmuffs and we flew home safely, not believing that we were alive. So we didn’t end up finding anything but it was actually kind of fun getting to be stranded and hanging on for life. But altogether it was scary, the place crash, being stranded and having to get back into the air to get home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!