Yuck

“Yuck!” “I hate vegetables” said Bob.
“Well, deal with it” snapped Dad.
Bob groaned “Do I have - “
“Yes you do!” growled Dad.
Bob stared at his plate and started to stab his veggies in turn. First the red capsicum. Next the tree-like broccoli. Then the ugly, grey mushroom. “Ouch!” the mushroom squeaked. “How dare you!” Bob’s eyes opened wide and he stared at his plate in horror as he saw the mushroom explode in size whilst growing arms and legs, eyes and a mouth.
“Argh!” screamed Bob. “Big living vegetables! Argh!” and he ran out the door.
The veggies jumped off the plate and chased Bob. They ran out the door after him. Bob ran to his tree house and clambered up the ladder. He looked down to see the giant veggies hustling up the tree house ladder, their squinty eyes looking up, focused on him. “I have got to get out of here” thought Bob. He scurried out along the branches and jumped down. He sprinted along the street as fast as he could. He looked behind – the veggies were still coming after him.
Bob had an idea. He pulled out his iPhone 6s and dialled the local restaurant’s number.
“Hello,” said the Chef, “Thank you for calling ‘Luke’s Local Cuisine’. How can I help you?”
Bob breathed down the phone, “Tell your chefs to get out their knives and prepare to make veggie soup because there are gargantuan veggies chasing me!”
“Hmmm, I have heard of this happening only once before. I know just what to do.” answered the Chef.
Bob ran in the direction of restaurant. He figured the restaurant was still at least one kilometre away. He was running as fast as he could. His lungs were hurting and his legs were aching. He looked behind. The veggies were gaining on him. What if they caught him? A ute drove past, slowing down to turn the corner. Bob leapt and commando rolled into the back of the ute. The veggies continued to chase the car, and Bob, all the way to the restaurant.
Bob jumped off the ute and ran inside, with the veggies in hot pursuit. Twenty Chefs were standing in line, aprons on and knifes at the ready. Bob ran past and the veggies followed him straight into the waiting Chefs. The Chefs moved their arms quicker than the eye could see, slicing and dicing and chopping. They started to prepare a veggie soup. The soup smelled fantastic which made Bob think…maybe he could start eating vegetables.
The smell of the soup wafted through the town and people were gathering outside the restaurant. The restaurant invited the whole town to feast on “Luke’s Gargantuan Veggie Soup”. Bob ate three bowls.
It was delicious.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!